Karen K Daq

Poor Quality Warning other customers

I bought two kitchens from Cliqstudios. First one, in 2017, was excellent (and complicated).

Then the ownership changed. The second one, in 2020, was a simple line of cabinets and the quality was laughable.

Of the 14 cabinets I ordered, 8 came damaged. Of the 8 that had replacement pieces, 3 of those came damaged. Nails showed through, doors were scraped and chipped and looked like they had been painted on a metal grate and turned too soon, hinge holes were so different that it was impossible to line up the doors, rails on the drawers were not screwed in and fell off, rubber stoppers were missing.

It is just a mess and I am still working on making it look nice - 6 months after ordering. The last 3 doors that needed to be replaced were on back order and they did refund me for those as I could not wait 6 weeks. BUT, I asked for a partial refund for quality and Bill Decker (new owner) just ignored me. He assured me before I ordered and talked to me by email twice while I was trying to get replacements, then when I asked for a partial refund, he ghosted me.

I thought about contesting the entire charge on my credit card, but then the credit card company is involved. So this is my recourse. Two friends have already asked if they should buy from Cliq and I said no. One of my sons works for a construction company and he asked me as well.

I cannot recommend. There is NO quality control.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Design service
Cons:
  • Huge loss of money
  • Arrived damaged from factory
  • Atrocious quality

User's recommendation: Do not buy

Guest

We used them on 2017? as well and were happy with them. I was wondering about them and looked them up, glad to know of the quality changes before recommending them to others.

Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so sorry that your second cabinet order did not go as smoothly as your first order went.

We apologize for the delays this has caused you project. .As you know our Customer Service Team has been in communication with you to address your concerns and resolve the issues with your order. The CliqStudios team, including our owners ,our designers and every person in our Indiana manufacturing plant, takes a great deal of pride in our ability to deliver a quality product. We appreciate that you've given us an opportunity to make this right.

We want you to be as happy with this kitchen as you were with your first kitchen. Please reach out directly if we may be of any further assistance.

Karen K Daq
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1983401

I have reached out many, many times. I would have sent the kitchen back for a full refund if I could have.

I asked for a partial refund to offset the extra installation costs to correct the problems the poor quality caused. Bill Decker ignored me.

This reply is not a real offer of anything, it is just so you look good by replying. My order number is 50290 and I want $3000 to offset the extra costs I incurred.

View more comments (2)
map-marker Colts Neck, New Jersey

Upset

The vanity that was installed started chipping all over the place. When i emailed customer service they basically said sorry but we are not going to do anything about your vanity that is falling apart. Terrible.

User's recommendation: Do not buy anything from them

Guest

Me too! My 9000+ dollar investment is total CRAP.

I can scrape the paint of with a fingernail. The paint job is terrible and I am SO unhappy with this investment.

I chose navy blue painted maple cabinets and they have a TON of scratches and nicks. So disappointing.

CliqStudios

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. As you know the company you purchased your vanity from went out of business. If you need information from the assignee for that company, documents are available online here: www.donlinrecano.com/cliq/.

Verified Reviewer

Will not respond to broken parts

Do not buy from this company. They will send you subpar product, avoid answering questions via phone or email, back out on warranties. You will end up wasting tens of thousands of dollars. Find someone local that will respond to your needs. Dont use a company they sends broken, cheap parts and wont fix it.
$20000
Pros:
  • Color selection
Cons:
  • Sample not the same quality as cabinets sent
  • Arrived damaged from factory
  • Absolutely no accountability

User's recommendation: Avoid them

CliqStudios

Allison. We are sorry that you have had this experience.

We are being 100% truthful and transparent with you however and that fact is easily verified. The company you purchased from went out of business. Our company has no relationship whatsoever with the company you purchased from. We are not that company.

All of the facts surrounding that company are in the court documents. The case is being handled in the 4th District Court, Hennepin County, Minnesota and the documents are available to the public here: https://www.donlinrecano.com/cliq

Allison L Jnu

This is a lie. Your companies lawyer told us so.

He even said that you were in the business of sales and customer service so you may want to help us out. You will not respond. Your employees continue to lie and say the director is out of office. He either doesn’t work, you don’t have one, or they are told to lie.

Your company filed for a type of bankruptcy, which should be illegal, to get out of fixing the extensive list of cabinet complaints and replacements that were covered under the warranty we paid for. I was never given the link to file a claim, even though I requested one every month, until October. The date to file with the court was past. July 29th was the final day to file.

I find it disgusting to purposely avoid my requests until after the date past. You are a terrible example of a corporation.

reply icon Replying to comment of Allison L Jnu

Hi Allison. We appreciate that this has been a difficult situation.

We assure you that we are being 100% truthful and transparent with you here and that fact is easily verified. The filings validating the accuracy and truthfulness of the information we've provided below are available to the public at this link: https://www.donlinrecano.com/Clients/whp/Index.

CliqStudios

Hi Allison, We are sorry that you had this experience. Many customers, employees and suppliers were impacted when the previous owners of the CliqStudios brand abruptly went out business.

The current CliqStudios Cabinets, LLC., is a separate company with new ownership and is not affiliated with the previous owners from whom you purchased your cabinets. As our customer service team has explained to you the assignee for the previous owners had a claims process for customers of that business who had a warranty claim. Additional details about the claims process can be found here https://www.donlinrecano.com/cliq. The new CliqStudios is so excited and proud of the company we launched and the customers we've served since opening our doors in April 2020.

We enjoy seeing the beautiful finished CliqStudios kitchens our customers share with us everyday. We truly value the business relationships we have formed with our customers and we look forward to serving them well into the future.

View more comments (3)
Chelsea L Eoh

Unhappy and Dissapointed

Our first order of cabinets arrived with a lot of damage and very poor, low coverage paint quality. We installed the boxes as those seemed decent and we didn't want to delay the installation. Customer service helped with a complete re-order of every single front and several rails and drawers that were also damaged. They said they would be expedited. It took 6-7 weeks for the replacements to arrive and many of those were damaged as well and had their own paint issues (better quality paint but marks that looked like they were from machines that the doors "rolled through"). We had to pick and choose between the old fronts and the new fronts to find the least damaged ones to install. However, since the new fronts were a slightly different color and sheen (proof that the first round had a poor paint job) I'm left with mismatched fronts and nicks and dings on brand new cabinets! They offered to redo the fronts AGAIN, but I couldn't trust that I wouldn't continue to have the same problem, not to mention the complete waste of resources needed to accomplish this. I told them I would prefer a refund and would like to get a painter to repaint the cabinets. I was unable to get a quote from a painter for the refund before SIP was enforced for my county. When I contacted customer service about this, they informed me the company has gone out of business and re-opened under a new name and can't honor my refund request or warranty!!! Unbelievable. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. I wish I would have spent a little more money for a better product. Definitely a case of you get what you pay for and a very expensive lesson learned. The cabinets have been installed for 9 months and the paint is flaking and chipped and the drawers are uneven and can't be adjusted properly. So disappointed that my brand new kitchen looks shoddy because of the bad cabinets.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad quality

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy.

CliqStudios

We are sorry that has been your experience. The company you purchased from did go out of business in March 2020.

The brand and assets were purchased by new owners who successfully launched a new company. The new company and owners are completely unrelated to the previous ownership. If you would like information on filing a claim with the company you purchased from, here is a website with that information.

Thank you for sharing your story. https://www.donlinrecano.com/Clients/whp/Index

reply icon Replying to comment of CliqStudios

They are not completely unrelated. The lawyer for CliqStudios said you were the same company operating under a different name.

You filed for a partial bankruptcy to get out of fixing all the issues of your very unhappy customers. If you were a completely new company you need not use those name and product because they are awful.

Richard D Wwz
map-marker Wakefield, Rhode Island

Let people know what to expect

CliqStudios - Let people know what to expect
The quality of the material is great - 5 stars. The workmanship is pitiful. So many issues of just sloppy work. I can't believe there is any QA process. Glides falling off, screwed in wrong, nails sticking out, I could go on and on. If you are handy you can fix most issues. Their business model is to just send out a replacement. Luckily I'm doing the work myself and don't have contractors lined up, as replacements take another 6 weeks. Customer service person was friendly ad accommodating.

Preferred solution: Take some pride in workmanship - do some QA

User's recommendation: If you re handy, doing the job yourself and have the time it could work out.

Boyd D

Junk cabinets

CliqStudios - Junk cabinets
CliqStudios - Junk cabinets - Image 2
And even worse customer service. Horrible experience
Loss:
Pros:
  • Low price
Cons:
  • Junk plywood

User's recommendation: Dont do it

Nightmare

Cabinets were delivered with factory damage (nails/ staples protruding from the top rear into the interior of the cabinets). The designer worked up a design based on 8 foot ceilings (ours are 10 feet). We've used our pantry cabinet for 5 months and two of the shelves have fallen (they are not overloaded) The kitchen drawers slide around in the box. We will likely have to replace our entire kitchen. The "new" ownership continues to try to sell us on trying them again but won't help at all with our current situation. It's been a nightmare.
Loss:
Cons:
  • No accountability
  • Fell apart
  • Charged me to replace factory damaged cabinets

User's recommendation: Replacing after 5 months - falling apart

CliqStudios

Thank you for sharing your story with us. We’re so sorry this has been your experience.

As you know from your previous orders this experience is not typical for CliqStudios customers.

We value your business. Please let us know if there is anything the newly relaunched CliqStudios can do to earn your trust once again .

Shelley S Dpl

Have not received order, no response from inquiries to customer service or lead designer.

CliqStudios - Have not received order, no response from inquiries to customer service or lead...
CliqStudios - Have not received order, no response from inquiries to customer service or... - Image 2
I placed my $9000+ cabinet order Jan 31, 2020. The communication from the company was fine and I got emails along the way notifying me of the status of my order. I received 2 final emails advising me that the cabinets would be shipped about March 13 and on how to prepare for my delivery and to expect a call from the delivery company and another email from the company. Three weeks have passed and no call, no email. I started to wonder what was going on when I checked my account on the Cliqstudios website and the quote and order were no longer listed. I began emailing, texting, and calling in earnest two weeks later around March 26. I was convinced this was a reputable company and I understand that the COVID-19 crisis may be affecting things but I think the least this company could do would be to respond to my inquiries to assure me that my cabinets are still coming. I still want them but if I do not hear back soon I will have no other choice but to file a dispute through my bank.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Communication
Cons:
  • Lack of order status on website
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Require communication through delivery

Alisonkeegan

Verified Reviewer

I know I would never go back

CliqStudios - I know I would never go back
Updated by user Nov 13, 2019

2,000, NOT 2$

Original review Nov 13, 2019
They were great until I paid. After that?

They basically told me to pound sand. After weeks and weeks and weeks, THEY sent a kitchen full of espresso cabinets and one white one.
There wasn’t a single person who questioned this? I cant say they never pay attention, I can only say they clearly didn’t pay much attention to my order.
I told them I had hired a company to install everything and I would have to hire a second crew to place the replacement base cabinet (it was part of the island with a slab of granite on top). Their response?

They basically blamed me for believing them when they said the cabinets would delivered. There wasnt an issue with weather, or any other plausible excuse.
Hoping to finish my kitchen, I called and asked if they could send a pint of matching stain, and I would do it myself. The answer? No.
I was told (again) when I would receive the replacement cabinet , but I’m still waiting.
I thought I was saving a few thousand by going with an online company.

The initial bid was significantly less, but it quickly went from 3,900 to 5,000 and eventually over 6,000. When I calculated the final cost (coupled with hiring a new crew) I didn’t save a red cent.
Instead of hiring an accountable, local, business person I ended up with a faceless telephone voice that basically couldn’t care less.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good customer service until i paid
Cons:
  • Absolutely no accountability
Reason of review:
Poor customer service, problem with delivery, order processing issue, returns/exchanges
CliqStudios

We apologize that this was your experience and we want to make things right. Please email us at socialmedia@cliqstudios.com so that we can further assist you. Thank you and we appreciate your feedback.

Staci E

Never received cabinets

We placed an order for kitchen cabinets and 4 weeks later received an email that our cabinets would be shipping in about 4 days. We never heard anything else and the cabinets never arrived. We then got a letter in the mail saying the company was going out of business. Ironically, they fired their employees and closed their doors the same day they emailed us to let us know our cabinets would be shipping soon. As far as I am concerned this is fraud, obviously they knew they would be closing at least a month in advance. It was fraudulent of them to take our money and our order with no intent to follow through.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Huge loss of money

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not make big purchases online

map-marker Centreville, Maryland

The cabinets were in sonme instances poorly made.

In some case the styles and rails did not meet, some of the cabinets were scratched. When I complained no response. To add to that when the company went into receivership, two cabinets were not delivered and will not be delivered, I am out $950.00. I presume the new entity will be just as responsive as the old entity, so consider buying your cabinets someplace else.
Teresa M Wol

Do not use this company unless you want to be months behind schedule!!!

My husband and I placed an order with Cliq Studios on April 17, 2019. We were told that we would have the cabinets in 4-6 weeks, but it took 8 weeks until our delivery arrived.

We ordered 14 cabinets and TEN of them arrived with substantial damage. In the beginning, Cliq customer service was great, they worked with us to expedite a replacement order and they sent 10 new cabinets. This took another 3 weeks, but I was satisfied that the company was willing to remedy their mistake and I assumed this was just some out of the ordinary shipping fluke. It was tough to postpone our project and live without a kitchen while our house sat in disarray for an additional 3 weeks, but we made it.

The replacement shipment of cabinets arrived on July 7th...and ALL TEN were significantly damaged; joint separation, scratches, scuffs, chips, paint flaws, cracks, etc. At this point, I was at a loss. It was clear to me that the experience we had with the first shipment was not a fluke. At this point, I was upset.

We planned to have our project completed at this point, but we only had 4 undamaged cabinets. I emailed customer service again, sending new documentation and photos classified according to item number (this was the second time around). Taking inventory, inspecting each cabinet, photographing, saving, organizing by item number and then emailing is also very time consuming...and now I've done it twice. Mind you I am still living with my kitchen in my dining room, all of my kitchen materials stored in the living room and now 20 broken cabinets and another 3-4 week delay.

Fast forward to August 1st, now 2 months behind the completion date I was expecting, 10 replacement cabinets arrive, 5 are damaged. Though 50% is a better outcome than the previous 2 shipments, it's still an F. I contacted Cliq again and said I need a partial refund due to the fact that our project has been delayed by months and we have been living without a kitchen due to the incompetence of their shipping procedures. Customer service sidestepped my partial refund statement and assured me they wanted to make things right for me and my husband by getting our remaining 4 cabinets (and 3 new drawers for a damaged base) to us in tact.

This takes us to August 16th when 4 cabinets and no drawers (must've forgot about those) arrived on our driveway. Guess what? ALL FOUR WERE DAMAGED. Now I'm upset, the stress of not having a kitchen for months and still not having my order is wearing on myself and my husband.

Again, I reach out to customer service with more documentation and photographs of damaged cabinets. I get an apology and am told by phone that it's time for a refund...to this statement, I agree 100%. I thought for certain that we would be refunded for the 10 damaged cabinets, simply because this company has caused our project to be delayed by months; MONTHS with no kitchen, months of taking on extra expenses to eat takeout for every meal throughout the entire summer, months of our project being at a standstill, not being able to move forward with our kitchen. Thank goodness my crew is my husband and brother-in-law, can you imagine if I was paying a contractor to do the installation?

So yes, I assumed we were being refunded for the 10 damaged cabinets because we received 4 shipments at this point and we only had 6/10, really 5/10 if you count the drawers that were never sent for the damaged base cabinet, but this was not the case. We were only being refunded for the 4 cabinets that are still missing. When I found out we were only getting a refund for 4 cabinets, I reached out to customer service, yet again because I felt as though our patience had been completely taken advantage of. I sent an email that said, "After our phone conversation and talking this over with Jon, I just don't feel as though a refund for 4 cabinets is adequate.

By the time we receive our 5th and hopefully final shipment, we will be nearing the 5 month mark, which basically is a half of a year without a kitchen. I have been patient and respectful throughout this entire nightmare, I haven't yelled or carried on like I know many people do. That's not my style. I know you want to make this right for us and at this point, the only way to do that is to ensure these final 4 cabinets make it to us without damage and to give us a fair refund, which I believe would be for the 10 replacement cabinets." Of course, I was quickly told no, a refund for 4 cabinets is all we will see and at this point in my kitchen nightmare, my final 4 cabinets were supposed to arrive September 10th, but today’s the 16th of September and still no cabinets in sight, which means 5 months since my initial order.

I can only hope the 4 cabinets will arrive in tact and I can be finished with this company.

I highly advise you go with another company, do not put yourself through the stress and frustration that we have. Hopefully our kitchen will be finished before we reach the 6 month mark.

Damaged or defective

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

CliqStudios

Thank you for reaching out with your feedback about your CliqStudios experience. Your situation highly unusual and we apologize for the inconvenience it has caused for you and your project.

We understand the frustrations that come with reorders and we thank you for your patience. At this time, we have partially refunded your order along with a shipping charge. Customer service is actively monitoring your order and we understand that it arrived at the local carrier and they will be reaching out to you to schedule your delivery once the items have been checked into the warehouse.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, please let us know. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Micahel Bpx

Missing Order

Have not received $10,000 kitchen cabinet order that was scheduled for delivery. Can not contact you through any phone numbers. Please make this right.

Sabrina P Pyz

No quality control and terrible customer service

CliqStudios - No quality control and terrible customer service
CliqStudios - No quality control and terrible customer service - Image 2
CliqStudios - No quality control and terrible customer service - Image 3

We recently did a gut renovation of our new home. Choosing Cliqstudios was the worst decision we made.

Their complete lack of quality control on cabinet production, our designer's lack of expertise and the worst customer service I've encountered in the US created a time delay in our project, thus creating extra cost, which they did not cover.

After receiving our first batch of cabinets, every single piece had a problem and had to be replaced. After seeing the poor quality, we did not want to continue with Cliqstudios, but had no choice but to continue because of their return policy requiring us to pay for return shipping for all the cabinets.

The customer service was shockingly poor, up to the top of the department, Jill. Their handling of all the issues related to our order was borderline fraudulent and we considered notifying the BBB.

Our second batch of cabinets took longer to arrive than the estimated "expedited" window provided and they were of similar quality, but we had to move forward with our project and install them anyways. They are already chipping all over after moving in 6 weeks ago.

The paint job is very poor. Our contractor's feedback was that the instructions were almost nonexistent and they are some of the worst quality cabinets he's worked with.

We are still waiting for a fourth cabinet door that came damaged, then warped, then they sent the wrong size and now have to reorder again.

This is almost 6 months after our cabinet order was placed.

Our designer, Sarah, ordered a wrong piece and and instead of the customer service dept working directly with her to get the correct piece ordered, we had to track her down over several days and many phone calls and emails and basically begged her to take care of this for us. Customer service's response was that she wasn't answering their emails and that it was our problem.

Bad quality

Guest

I was just not able to even get the design team to send me anything other than some "snip pics" that was NOTHING like what I had personally spoken to a Karen Hoag about & to top it off, it was sent by a Marti person and included the cost of replacing the cabinets that WERE NOT EVEN THE ONES BEING REPLACED ((OMG)). For their next step, sent a picture of the stove in the same location with 2 upper cabinets being added that the designer, Karen, advised me over the phone after looking at my pictures that the stove needed to be moved out of the current location....

So what did I get?????? Nothing but a waste of time, energy on my end and some guy stepping in with pictures and a price that was not ANYTHING we had spoken about & the waste of a good 2 weeks and promises of sending information that as of today, WAS NEVER SENT....... I followed up this morning with an email to this Karen & Marti wishing this luck for even having a job.... DO NOT PROMISE PEOPLE THAT YOU WILL SEND THEM "ANYTHING" and then don't.

Just saying, I will move on and away from this company cause to send me emails telling me you will send me a write up or design after speaking with me then you don't in the time-line you told me, is both UNPROFESSIONAL and FRUSTRATING to us ALL......

DONE!!!!! I WILL NOT USE........NO NO NO NO NO NO

CliqStudios

We are so sorry that this has been your experience. We’ve passed this information along to our quality control team so we may learn and improve from this experience.

Our Customer Service team at our Minneapolis office has been in contact with you regarding your door replacement and it should be arriving to the final mile carrier on August 9th.

If there is anything more we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Again, we apologize.

Maureen W Ojd

Haven't got order

Contractor unable to reach you!!! We need our order #47684 Please call 510-847-****

map-marker Princeton Junction, New Jersey

Good proposition, Bad execution

First the positive(s), the design process was simple and of very good quality. Similarly, customer service is very empathetic and apologetic to the failures of the company.

Finally, the company does use better materials to build its cabinets.

With that said, the quality of the build and the finishing lacks in comparison with competitors that provide solid wood cabinets with dovetail and soft-close.

We purchase all cabinets for our kitchen, laundry and bar/dining areas with CliqStudio in May 2019. The product arrived within the expected timeframe, however, several items came broken, missing parts, not square and/or not finished.

Customer service was prompt to open a case, and mentioned it would be prioritized (still took over 5 weeks to fulfill the initial complaint).

During this time, we received several small batches for different items (drawers, front, mechanicals, doors, and full cabinet) some of which arrived broken a second time.

At this moment, 07/30/19, we are over 7 weeks delayed, still don't have the cabinets fully installed and have to spend significantly more on additional visits from different contractors (installer/fixer, plumber, electrician, and granite) due to the lack of quality from their production.

I'm happy for the people that had a different experience than I had, but I do not plan to use this company in the future. It costs me way less to pay a bit more to have any project done right the first time.

CliqStudios

Firstly, we want to apologize that this has been your experience and thank you for your candid feedback. We’ve passed this information along to our quality control team so we may learn and improve from this experience.

We understand that our Customer Service team has been actively in contact with you to provide assistance but if there is anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. We want to once again apologize and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article